Cookie Monster Party!

I love throwing themed parties! I had another chance to help my friend Joanna plan her son's first birthday party. Joanna was inspired to do a Cookie Monster themed birthday party when she saw this Cookie Monster cupcake:


Totally stoked and excited, we explored ideas to make this the best baby birthday party ever! In the end, the party looked magnificent. Joanna, designer for Floral Sense, always know how to create the perfect vibe for any party.




Check out all the details! There was a blue and brown self-serving candy car, Cookie Monster pinata, beautiful centerpieces, detailed banner and decor, colored tableware, Cookie Monster games, chocolate chip bean bag table weights, and more! I have never seen to a more chic baby's birthday party!

(By the way, I am again apologizing for my simple photography skills. I honestly need to try to put more effort into taking better pictures... or wait until my friends at D. Park Photography give me pictures to use. Haha.)

Along with the wonderful food, I had the pleasure to create Cookie Monster cupcakes and personal Cookie Monster cake for the party.

Every baking and decorating session is a learning experience for me. There were two major baking disasters during the baking part of the creation which I am way to embarrass to share! (Maybe you can bribe my sister to tell the story... if you're lucky.)


With the decorating part, I was excited to use my birthday Bake It Pretty gift voucher (given by my fabulous sister Cindy and her boyfriend Jack). I bought the perfect Cookie Monster blue jimmies sprinkles, ready-made candy-sugar eyes (yes, I was too lazy to make my own), and a few other delightful items that I would share later. The eyes were a bit smaller than I wanted (because Cookie Monster has HUGE eyes), but Cindy was able to convince me not to be a perfectionist and they would work. Not perfect, but works. I was also happy that Cindy was there to help me mix the perfect blue frosting for the cakes and to help me get the right size fondant eye balls for the individual cake.


What do you think? There was soooo many mistakes that went on during the creation of these cakes, but somehow, everything came together in the end. Whew.




Cake: Yellow cake with chocolate chips covered in blue buttercream frosting; eyes and mouth were made from fondant
Cupcakes: Half were chocolate cake and half were yellow cake covered with blue buttercream frosting and blue jimmies sprinkles; cupcakes were topped off with sugar-candy eyes and half of a Chip Ahoy chocolate chip cookie.

--edit--
D. Park Photography was kind enough to let me share some beautiful pictures they took of my creations from the birthday party. Enjoy!




Aren't these photos wonderful? Visit their blog for their latest projects!

3 comments:

Andrew said...
June 14, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Hey! I just discovered your blog from facebook. You should join foodbuzz. There's a really active foodie community there. Let me know if you sign up so I can friend and follow you. Mine is http://grubpost.blogspot.com

Floral Sense said...
June 14, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Thanks for making those awesome cupcakes!! And I can personally say from experience that they also tasted delicious!

Christine said...
February 10, 2011 at 8:54 AM

C is for CREATIVE! Me want a cookie monster party! Me going to write about a cookie monster party. Me will link to your site! ;) Christine

Post a Comment