Happy Easter Cupcakes!

Easter is this weekend, which means another excuse for me to create fun cupcakes for everybody! This time, I'm splitting them between my friend Joanna's Easter picnic and my boyfriend's Easter Lunch/Dinner.

I was not pleased with my cupcakes when I finished them the other night. There were a lot of mistakes, such as:
  • Buying normal size Whopper malted eggs instead of the mini ones
  • Forgetting to defrost the coconut shavings ahead of time
  • Being lazy and decided not to make any brown buttercream icing
  • Measuring the Peeps marshmallow chicks ahead of time
  • Finding smaller orange jellybeans so it would appear more "beak-like"
I think I was exhausted by the time I was done with the cupcakes because the next morning, the cupcakes looked SO much better. I'm actually kind of proud of them! Also, the people who tried the cupcakes this afternoon said they were tasty so I'm satisfied!


Strawberry 'n Cream Cupcakes-
Eggs Cupcakes: strawberry cake with cream filling, buttercream topping, and two Whoppers malted chocolate eggs
Bunny Cupcakes: strawberry cake with cream filling, vanilla icing, marshmallow ears, and a strawberry Starburst jellybean
Chick-in-Nest Cupcakes: strawberry cake with cream filling, buttercream topping, and a Peeps chick marshmallow
Flower Cupcakes: strawberry cake with cream filling, vanilla icing, and spring flower sprinkles
Chick Cupcakes: strawberry cake with cream filling, vanilla icing, coconut shavings, and a orange Starburst jellybean

0 comments:

Post a Comment