April Showers Bring May Flowers


Well, it's not May yet, but I was in the mood for creating simple fondant flowers after watching the Cake Boss boss on Rachel Ray's show this afternoon.

When attempting to make a spherical cake for my sister's boyfriend's birthday (see previous entry), I made an extra cake, just in case something went wrong. Luckily everything went smoothly but now I am left with an extra mini cake. It looked so perfect pre-decorated (I'm sad I didn't get a picture), but I was itching to play around with some of the leftover fondant I have... gotta use it before the fondant dries out!


I made the cover layer a bit too thin and you can see indentations and other ugly marks. I love how the fondant flowers and leaves curl and stay.

Now I don't know what to do with this cake? Who should I give it to?

*****************************************************

My sister is getting ready to take her first big boards exam for her medical degree (STEP 1). She has been locked away studying day and night and attending crazy prep courses to prepare for this day. She even moved her testing date earlier (therefore less studying time) to attend my Master's graduation from Cal State Fullerton!

So during one of my creative moments, I decided to make this card to wish her good luck on her studies.


I couldn't find thicker string so the piece of thread will have to do for now. Also, I wanted to write my message on vellum paper so that the flowers and butterflies will show through but I cannot find my vellum paper! I hate it when I misplace things. I ended up writing my message directly onto the card.

What do you think?



Cake: carrot cake with carrot-flavored bits, cream cheese frosting, and fondant covering and decoration pieces
Card: Heavy-duty embellished scrapbooking paper, mini blue brads, blue threading, scrapbooking stickers, and jewel embellishments

0 comments:

Post a Comment