San Francisco

September 2009
I took a trip up north to visit one of my bestest friends Linda. She and I have been through a lot! Even though we are always in different time zones (or at least a few hours away) from each other, we have managed to stay super duper close. I guess real friends just keep in touch, no matter what.


Linda is a BIG cupcake freak. She loves sweets and desserts, but something about cupcakes makes her all giddy. Her favorite cupcake bakery in San Francisco is Kara's Cupcakes (http://www.karascupcakes.com), which is located in Ghirardelli Square. I love how simple the cupcakes look and I especially love the bakery's design! The color scheme and logo are so pretty and delicate. I love the carrying bag so much I had Linda take a photo with it.
(I love this bag so much that I have not been able to throw it away yet. It is actually sitting next to me right now and stores all of my random late-night snacks.)

Kara's Cupcakes were delish! They were also the right size for one person to finish, which is a good thing for me because I don't particularly like eating sweets.

In between touring the city, sightseeing, eating, and catching up, we managed to find time to bake and decorate some cupcakes! I brought up several of my decorating tools and gave Linda a quick cupcake decorating lesson. I say she did a good job for a first timer!


Good times with my BFF.

Cupcakes: Yellowcake with Wilton's ready-made buttercream frosting

0 comments:

Post a Comment