Ladybug Baby Shower


One of my good friends Nicole was expecting her first baby. To help with the baby shower, I volunteered to make the edible cupcakes and non-edible diaper cake.
The diaper cake was fun to make. I enjoyed designing the cake and traveling everywhere looking for the perfect materials to decorate the cake. I was very pleased with how it turned out in the end!


I designed three different cupcakes for Nicole's baby shower. With these cupcakes, I learned how to fill cupcakes with special frosting so that there is a little treat inside each one! Each cupcake design will be part of the ladybug theme, but unique in its own way. With Amy's careful hands, we were able to make sure each cupcake were as close to perfection as possible.
The first design looks like an actual ladybug with bug eyes and cute little dots.

The second design features a tiny non-edible ladybug on a patch of beautiful green grass with green sparkles.

The last design was a simple traditional red cupcake swirl with pink sparkles for some extra oomph.


They turned out soooo adorable! And they are equally as yummy!


Diaper cake: tons of rolled up diapers, rubber bands, double-sided tape, ribbons, and decor
Cupcakes: red velvet cake with cream cheese filling, buttercream frosting, and/or sparkles, fondant, cookie icing, and plastic ladybug buttons.

1 comments:

Floral Sense said...
March 31, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I just keep going back to this post. I love the diaper cake and cupcakes!

Post a Comment